We continually strive to improve our environmental performance and comply with CSR best practices. Our progress over the years is attributed to a dedicated workforce and the implementation of a rigorous environmental management system based on the ISO 14001 standards.
Key aspects of our environmental program include:
- Compliance with host country laws and regulations
- Sound baseline environmental and social risk assessments and mitigation strategies
- Implementation and regular auditing of environmental management procedures and systems
- Efficient use of natural resources
- Rigorous management of effluent, emissions and biodiversity
- Emergency preparedness and response plans
- Climate change management and strategies – see our Greenhouse Gas Report for details
Learn about First Quantum’s environmental performance in our most recent Sustainability Report:
Click here to view our Environmental Policy.