The overall objective of our socio-economic development programs is to improve the quality of life for our employees, their families and their immediate communities. We do this by:
- Improving health care through the provision of health facilities and service providers and partnerships with NGOs and government health departments that run HIV/AIDS and malaria control programs
- Improving infrastructure and basic services in our communities, such as roads, housing, water, electricity, sanitation and other services
- Improving education infrastructure and services
- Facilitating access to enterprise development opportunities for local entrepreneurs
- Using local skills in community development programs
We recently helped build and equip the Kansanshi Clinic, renovate the Solwezi Hospital, provide clean water supply to several rural communities, and conduct health road shows to sensitize communities on HIV/AIDS and other ailments such as malaria, cholera and sexually transmitted diseases.
Learn more about specific community programs in our most recent Sustainability Report:
Click here to view our Social Policy.