First Quantum Minerals Ltd. is an established and rapidly growing mining and metals company currently operating seven mines and developing five projects worldwide. We currently produce copper, nickel, gold, zinc and platinum group metals.
The Company’s current operations are the Kansanshi copper-gold mine, the Guelb Moghrein copper-gold mine, the Las Cruces copper mine, the Kevitsa nickel-copper-PGE mine, the Pyhäsalmi copper-zinc mine, the Ravensthorpe nickel-cobalt mine, and the Çayeli copper-zinc mine.
In addition, we are developing projects in Zambia, Peru and Panama that when complete, will increase our annual copper production capacity to more than 1.3 million tonnes per annum.
- First incorporated in 1983
- Acquired Inmet Mining Corporation in March 2013
- Seven operating mines – Kansanshi (80% owned) in Zambia, Guelb Moghrein (100% owned) in Mauritania, Las Cruces (100%1 owned) in Spain, Kevitsa (100% owned) and Pyhäsalmi (100%1 owned) in Finland, Ravensthorpe (100% owned) in Australia and Çayeli (100%1 owned) in Turkey
- Development projects – copper smelter (Zambia) Sentinel (Zambia), Enterprise (Zambia), Haquira (Peru) and Cobre Panama (Panama)
- 2012 production2 – 307,115 tonnes of copper, 36,759 tonnes of nickel, 201,942 ounces of gold
- Compounded annual return of over 30% since listing on the TSX in 2000
- Implemented a dividend policy in 2005
- Stock exchange listings & symbols: TSX: FM; LSE: FQM; LuSE: FQMZ
- Upon full acquisition
- Prior to the acquisition of Inmet Mining Corporation