First Quantum Minerals Ltd. is an established and rapidly growing mining and metals company producing copper, nickel, gold, zinc and platinum group elements.
The Company’s assets are located in Zambia, Spain, Mauritania, Australia, Finland, Turkey, Panama, Peru and Argentina.
In 2014, First Quantum produced 427,655 tonnes of copper, 45,879 tonnes of nickel, 229,813 ounces of gold, 55,980 tonnes of zinc and 60,080 ounces of platinum group elements.
- First incorporated in 1983
- Acquired Inmet Mining Corporation in March 2013
- Seven operating mines – Kansanshi (80%) in Zambia, Guelb Moghrein (100%) in Mauritania, Las Cruces (100%) in Spain, Kevitsa (100%) and Pyhäsalmi (100%) in Finland, Ravensthorpe (100%) in Australia and Çayeli (100%) in Turkey. Currently commissioning the Sentinel mine (100%) and the Kansanshi copper smelter (80%) both in Zambia
- Major development projects – Enterprise (Zambia), Cobre Panama (Panama), Haquira (Peru) and Taca Taca (Argentina)
- Implemented a dividend policy in 2005
- Stock exchange listings & symbols: TSX: FM; LSE: FQM; LuSE: FQMZ