First Quantum Minerals Ltd. is a well-established and growing metals and mining company producing mainly copper, gold, nickel and zinc. The Company’s assets are located in Zambia, Spain, Mauritania, Australia, Finland, Turkey, Panama, Argentina and Peru.
In 2015, First Quantum produced 428,229 tonnes of copper, 223,914 ounces of gold, 35,472 tonnes of nickel, 41,139 tonnes of zinc, and 57,095 ounces of platinum-group elements.
- First incorporated in 1983
- Acquired Inmet Mining Corporation in March 2013
- Six operations – Kansanshi mine and smelter (80%) in Zambia, Guelb Moghrein (100%) in Mauritania, Las Cruces (100%) in Spain, Pyhäsalmi (100%) in Finland, Ravensthorpe (100%) in Australia and Çayeli (100%) in Turkey. Currently commissioning the Sentinel mine (100%) in Zambia
- Projects – Cobre Panama (Panama), Taca Taca (Argentina), Haquira (Peru) and Enterprise (Zambia)
- Implemented a dividend policy in 2005
- Stock exchange listing & symbol: TSX: FM