First Quantum Minerals Ltd. is an established and rapidly growing mining and metals company operating seven mines and developing five projects worldwide. We currently produce copper, nickel, gold, zinc and platinum group elements.
The Company’s current operations are the Kansanshi copper-gold mine, the Guelb Moghrein copper-gold mine, the Las Cruces copper mine, the Kevitsa nickel-copper-PGE mine, the Pyhäsalmi copper-zinc mine, the Ravensthorpe nickel-cobalt mine, and the Çayeli copper-zinc mine.
In addition, we are developing projects in Zambia, Panama and Peru that when complete, will increase our annual copper production capacity to more than 1.3 million tonnes per annum.
- First incorporated in 1983
- Acquired Inmet Mining Corporation in March 2013
- Seven operating mines – Kansanshi (80%) in Zambia, Guelb Moghrein (100%) in Mauritania, Las Cruces (100%) in Spain, Kevitsa (100%) and Pyhäsalmi (100%) in Finland, Ravensthorpe (100%) in Australia and Çayeli (100%) in Turkey
- Major development projects – copper smelter (Zambia) Sentinel (Zambia), Enterprise (Zambia), Cobre Panama (Panama) and Haquira (Peru)
- 2013 production1 – 412,281 tonnes of copper, 47,066 tonnes of nickel, 248,078 ounces of gold, 49,933 tonnes of zinc and 55,042 ounces of platinum group elements
- Compounded annual return of over 30% since listing on the TSX in 2000
- Implemented a dividend policy in 2005
- Stock exchange listings & symbols: TSX: FM; LSE: FQM; LuSE: FQMZ
Includes the results of the Çayeli mine (100%), the Las Cruces mine (100%), and the Pyhäsalmi mine (100%) from March 22, 2013, the date of the acquisition of Inmet Mining Corporation.